Trouble free, continuous operation
Duplex filters permit continuous operation, reducing overall operating costs. Flow can be switched back and forth between two filter vessels or housings, allowing one side to be serviced while the other is in use.
The Rosedale duplex, using a single multi-ported valve operating system (patent applied for), is a better solution,
and offers many benefits:
- Four separate valves are used all operated simultaneously by a single lever.
- Valves use the standard butterfly design, known for their effective seal, low pressure drop, and low cost.
- Any of the valves can be serviced individually, without need to disturb the other valves or piping. Replacements are readily available.
- Valves are soft-seated to provide bubble-tight closure.
- A variety of valve seal materials are available for use with a number of hard-to-handle fluids.
- Pressure drop is minimized because the flow path has the equivalent of only four elbows instead of the usual six.
- Mechanical stops assure that the valves are completely open or closed.
- A single-valve pressure balancing vent system is furnished to ease movement of the lever and to fill the just serviced vessel before use.
- Vents in filter covers and drain ports in filter housing speed evacuation and filling.
- Remotely operated power actuators and automatic power actuation (triggered by pressure differential sensing) are offered. Air or electric actuation is best if such power is available.
- Two housings connected with flanged tees.
- Four separate butterfly valves are linked together by a single lever.
- One vessel is online, while the other is on standby
These high-capacity filters and strainers require no flow interruption for servicing.
- For use with filter bags for filtering to as fine as one micron, or with perforated strainer baskets
- From 2 to 10 Model 8 housings are mounted in parallel to inlet and outlet manifolds
- Each unit has inlet and outlet valves, gage ports, and a drain port, to permit servicing one at a time
- These are completely packaged free- standing systems in carbon steel and stainless steel
- Two or more Model 8 housings banked together on common inlet and outlet headers.
- Each housing is complete with individual butterfly valves.
- This allows for each housing to be serviced without flow interruption.